House Wren & Others

First time I ever caught a House Wren. Great little song bird. I'm sure I've heard them before I just never knew it was these little birds out there until I started birding.

All shot with,

300 f/4 af-s/ Kenko 1.4x combo

House Wren
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Grey Catbird

Eastern Bluebird

Robin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That 300 f4 and the Kenko are a nice combo...!

Excellent work, Tyr...! :smile:
Thanks!

I just got this TC on Saturday and maybe ran 150 shots through it. I'm actually on the fence about this TC. It seems pretty hit or miss(more miss maybe). It's mostly plastic and it feels cheap. There's also lots of play when mounted(I've read this is common) and the lens/tc wiggle a bit.

I feel like I was getting better results with my Sigma 70-200OS/Sigma 2xTC combo then I am with the kenko/300 f/4 combo. I actually stuck the Kenko on my 70-200os and the results were brutal. Far worse then the sigma 2x tc(no longer own since getting the 300 f/4). I know a lot of folks like the kenko but I may just pony up and get the nikon 1.4.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
First shot with the Nikon 1.4 tc

Overcast/rainy
iso 2800
f 5.6
handheld
large crop

From my first few shots maybe the Nikon is more contrasty. It seems that I can crop a little tighter without the image falling off. There's probably not a huge difference in IQ though
Build quality isn't even close. The Nikon is leaps and bounds better, it feels tight and solid compared to the Kenko. The Kenko just felt like something was going to break at any moment.
I'm hoping to be able to put the nikon tc through some paces this weekend. Hopefully there will be some sun.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom