Houston, Texas Is Number 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seneca, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
  2. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    There you people go AGAIN...using the "W" word, it's four letters for a reason you know! Wuaaahhh.. wooooo.. uck! <about as close as I can say it now. :)

3. I always have a great time when I am Houston, except for the darn heat and humidity.....suffocating!!
    But then again, Texans think that us Canadians are nuts to deal with what winter has in store for us each year :eek:

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    It's probably this humidity that keeps me young...it's adds moisture to my face! Hahaha!

But you're right Houston is hot...and we don't have winters...well...I mean we do...but it last all of 2 weeks and we're back into Spring. :biggrin:

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Ohhhh myyyyyyyy:frown: Ok I am probably a little slow or just plain dumb...but can you please expand on this?

6. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    I think he's attempting to spell that who-wahhhhhh sound that Pacino makes in that movie where he's blind. :)

I thought Atlanta's humidity was stinking rotten until I went to my father's wedding in Houston in August. I thought my uncle, who had never been south of the Mason Dixon line, was going to have a heat stroke in his tux and spill his frozen marguerita.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I guess I just don't feel it anymore. I love our weather. After September the weather get's better and will become Spring again...although the calendar says Fall. In December...like the end of December through the middle of January it's winter. In February it's Spring again! In May it's Summer! So no real winter here.

Just remember the humidity keeps you face looing young. :biggrin:

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

WORK.

9. I spent a summer week in Houston years ago....I must admit the heat/humidity is not for me. The Houston Museum of Science was really enjoyable.

We were on the campus at Rice and the cockroaches were really bad - not sure if it was a bad summer or if it's like that all the time, but it renewed my appreciation for the drier, high-alititude climate of the Rockies.

Sean

10. Hotplate

Hotplate

Oct 23, 2007
    Austin, TX
    My GF is from Houston and she's always buying this expensive face moisturizer that she never needed in Houston, especially in the winter. Funny how much a couple of hours north from that area can make such a difference in the climate.
    I like visiting Houston, but I LOVE coming home to Austin. Can't argue with the better opportunities for pay in Houston though.

11. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Roaches...ewwwwwwww. Roaches are not a problem for us thanks goodness. We do have fire-ants tho.

I did Colorado last year and whoa baby...my nose bled..:eek:.I was freaking out. Then my forehead started drying out, :eek::eek:then around my nose was chapping. :eek::eek::eek:Needless to say...my skin did not like the dry climate.

We're heading into the hurricane season...that's not what I'm looking forward to. This is what happens when you live close to the GUlf of Mexico.

But not very many places you can buy a big house for not a lot of money. My brother just bought a beautiful 4500 square foot home for $300,000 - of course that's in the burbs - not in the city.

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    That's funny ... yes live here in Houston for a month...and you're face is self moisturized!

I must admit that I love Austin...Austin is probably the most beautiful city in Texas. I hope to live there in about 5 years or so. I want to live in Westlake.

13. RadarPing

RadarPing

Feb 14, 2007
    Conroe, Texas
    I think that is great news!

I live north of town near The Woodlands.
    I believe Houston is a great town but often overlooked.
    There is a lot of world class things to do here.
    Most people don't realize we are the 4th largest city.

I'm happy we have had a very mild summer this year.
    Summer can be miserably hot and humid if you work outside in it everyday. I consider winter more of a series of cold fronts than a true winter.

14. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You are so right...Houston is a great place to live...and it is overlooked. As I mentioend above the amount of home you can get for the money is just awesome. I think you are also right about the summer...it didn't get as hot as previous years...I think the hotest it got was a 100. Winters are cool fronts - last year I don't think we hit freezing...although you're north of me so the weather can be slightly cooler and you probably have more frost than we do.

The Woodlands is a beautiful area. I love the trees over there.

15. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    There's no way I'm moving back. You can't make me!! :eek:

16. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Ok, now you got me.... ??

17. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Com'on Phillip...we can go into business today. But I don't blame you AUSTIN IS BEAUTIFUL...WEIRD BUT BEAUTIFUL. I was there a couple of weeks ago and saw a bumper sticker that read..."Keep Austin Weird"...

18. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Hahaha :biggrin: read below

I didn't know what the W word was...it's WORK.

19. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Go Houston!

20. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Yeah, I left Houston for a reason:tongue:. Austin is a million times better for me. :biggrin: