Hover Fly

Real Name
Barry
On this wet Sunday, I thought that I would have another go with the macro. So dug out the old sigma 105 Lens, 36mm extension tube and connected it all up to the Z6. This Hover Fly stayed still long enough for me to grab 11 shots without it moving. I was then able to focus stack it in Photoshop. Far from perfect, but I'm happy with it.

Settings were F8, 1/160, ISO100

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank You for your comments. As my very old sigma (from my film days) is manual focus only, I cannot take advantage of the inbuilt Z6 focus stacking, so have to do it manually, And with a live fly that keeps moving, I do struggle a bit and have to keep starting again. When the new Nikon Z series 105 macro comes available maybe next year, I will get one.

Thank You for your comments. As my very old sigma (from my film days) is manual focus only, I cannot take advantage of the inbuilt Z6 focus stacking, so have to do it manually, And with a live fly that keeps moving, I do struggle a bit and have to keep starting again. When the new Nikon Z series 105 macro comes available maybe next year, I will get one.
Now, if it were zooming by at mach 1 you would have nailed every little detail the first time :D

Real Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now, if it were zooming by at mach 1 you would have nailed every little detail the first time :D
If it wasn't for all this Lockdown, I would be up in the mountains chasing aircraft's instead of chasing fly's around the conservatory :).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom