Hover Flys, Wasps and butterflies

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    A couple of bug macros

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Critiques appreciated

J. Snider

2. Pretty amazing, particularly the hover fly pics.
    This 200 Micro is probably the last lens to get before my LLD is cured.
    Cheers

3. Great detail and lighting Jerry, that flash rig is working well for you.

Martin

4. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Martin, It seems that I am doing a bit better with the lighting. Not close to being in your league, however. Continue to use the softbox on the SB800 but changed from the ultrasoft to a minisoftbox on the SB 600. I think that I like this setup much better than with the ultrasoft on the SB 600.

Thanks, Harry. I highly recommend the 200 micro. Nice to have that 10" or better working distance, especially with critters that can sometimes get ornery :smile: .
    J.Snider

5. Super shots....great lighting....flash bracket with both on camera...?? :smile:

6. Stunning work.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Absolutely amazing!

8. amazing as usual Jerry. very nice work.

9. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Yes, both flashes on the same bracket as in the setup shown in the photo of the apparatus posted a few weeks ago. However, have gone to a minisoftbox on the SB600 rather than the Lumiquest Ultrasoft. Thanks for the comment.
    J. Snider

10. I agree with you Harry. I won't make any excuses, I have wanted this lens for a long time...but I keep trying to satisfy my LLD with the 70-180. Jerry makes it really difficult when he posts sensational images like these! Nice going Jerry, Penn Camera is going to have to get that 200mm for me from their warehouse! :biggrin:

11. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Thanks Dave, Beezle, Frank, Crystall for comments/input. Crystall, you will certainly enjoy the lens. I fall woefully short of using it to its fullest.
    J. Snider