Hovering Kestrels

Where I typically see these little beauties, they are really tough to get to. These shots were taken from a looooong ways away and cropped lots.

Kinda neat though as I usually don't find them hovering anywhere in range for a shot...especially when it's raining!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jim,

Considering the distance and the amount of cropping, these are still amazingly well exposed, and very sharp. Looks like your problem may be solved. :lol:

Regards,

Frank

Frank

Probelm? What problem? :)

By the way...your stuff will be there Monday. I dropped the CF card and even though it still worked fine I didn't dare send it to you...so I bought you a brandy new 1 gig Extreme III and sent the package out via Priority Mail. (Filter is in there also...I didn't drop that!)

They are a pretty bird. Yes hard to catch.

You did a good job, considering the distance, thats amazing.

When are you buying the Hubble .... lolol

Jim,

You didn't have to do that!! We could have just cancelled that part of the deal. Wow!!

Frank

Gale

Alas...the Hubble is doomed to extinction and won't be for sale. I hear that they are not going to repair it and they're going to let it die and burn up :(

I could have used that sucker!

I can't believe it but I'm feeling the need for a 800 or a sigma 800 or something!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom