How a Hummer catches a Snack

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Jul 30, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks to the Machine Gun this kinda of sequence is possible !! Happened so fast didn't even notice till I saw I it on the Monitor

He spys his snack
    [​IMG]

Out comes his weapon
    [​IMG]

He strikes
    [​IMG]

And the Snack is served :)
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dam I need a gunner machine. Lag is really starting to bother me ... GRRRR

Great shots.. Beautiful images.

That is just incredible. I believe you have just set the bar real high..

Kind of a RR Flip.

Gotta have a new flip name now. Ok Ideas anyone.

Top that.

3. Now that is a cool series Ben, I have caught them many times with the tongue, but never eating an insect and in a series.!!! Now if you figured that out while shooting, Im deeply impressed ;-)

4. WOW! Nice series.

Now if you could just zoom in on that insect so I can see its eye's and the shock of the hummer picking him off in flight. Little bug is just not having a good day. :wink:

5. Very impressives shots

6. Wow !!! Fantastic series.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great shooting, Ben.

8. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    hey that's a supper shot. (pun intended). Yes the bar was raised a bit for this one.

9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Wow Ben! That is a fantastic set. Now, if you only had that from 3 different angles with a closeup of the insect .... :) 8)

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great catch Ben. I'm about to head to the feeders in a few minutes myself. 8)

11. Excellent series Ben. I think this is the first time I have seen a Hummer catching an insect.

12. WOW that's amazing. Great job.

13. Wow, I'm impressed at that series!!!

14. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Wow gale what a wonderful positive reply. Thank you wouldn't be enough, I can only say I will continue to shoot and post and hope you like !! :)

15. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well I can say that I knew what he was doing, but no didn't know I captured it till I got it up on the Computer :roll: :wink:

16. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ok I'll try next time but no guarantees :lol: :lol:

17. Jim Neiger

Jim Neiger Guest

Wow! Very cool captures, Ben. I like #3 with the bug and #4 because of the non-sky bg. I have 3 suggestions for you.

1. All the images seem to have a halo around the subject. I'm guessing that you used the shadow highlight tool in PS and that is what is causing the halo. The halos can be avoided by selecting just the subject and then use shadow highlight on the subject only.
    2. If you shoot in manual mode for flight shots it will allow you to maintain proper exposure as your subject moves accros differing bgs. This is true as long as the light remians the same as your subject moves.
    3. I think the shots would be more interesting if they were cropped a little tighter to show more details in your subject.

I hope these suggestions help.

18. bfjr

bfjr Guest

thank you Gilles

19. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  20. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017