How a Hummer catches a Snack

B

bfjr

Thanks to the Machine Gun this kinda of sequence is possible !! Happened so fast didn't even notice till I saw I it on the Monitor

He spys his snack
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Out comes his weapon

He strikes

And the Snack is served :)

Dam I need a gunner machine. Lag is really starting to bother me ... GRRRR

Great shots.. Beautiful images.

That is just incredible. I believe you have just set the bar real high..

Kind of a RR Flip.

Gotta have a new flip name now. Ok Ideas anyone.

Top that.

Now that is a cool series Ben, I have caught them many times with the tongue, but never eating an insect and in a series.!!! Now if you figured that out while shooting, Im deeply impressed ;-)

WOW! Nice series.

Now if you could just zoom in on that insect so I can see its eye's and the shock of the hummer picking him off in flight. Little bug is just not having a good day. :wink:

F

FlyingFlowers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
WOW that's amazing. Great job.

B

bfjr

Gale said:
Dam I need a gunner machine. Lag is really starting to bother me ... GRRRR

Great shots.. Beautiful images.

That is just incredible. I believe you have just set the bar real high..

Kind of a RR Flip.

Gotta have a new flip name now. Ok Ideas anyone.

Top that.
Wow gale what a wonderful positive reply. Thank you wouldn't be enough, I can only say I will continue to shoot and post and hope you like !! :)

B

bfjr

Keith said:
Now that is a cool series Ben, I have caught them many times with the tongue, but never eating an insect and in a series.!!! Now if you figured that out while shooting, Im deeply impressed ;-)
Well I can say that I knew what he was doing, but no didn't know I captured it till I got it up on the Computer :roll: :wink:

B

bfjr

PhotoByMark said:
WOW! Nice series.

Now if you could just zoom in on that insect so I can see its eye's and the shock of the hummer picking him off in flight. Little bug is just not having a good day. :wink:
Ok I'll try next time but no guarantees :lol: :lol:

J

Jim Neiger

Wow! Very cool captures, Ben. I like #3 with the bug and #4 because of the non-sky bg. I have 3 suggestions for you.

1. All the images seem to have a halo around the subject. I'm guessing that you used the shadow highlight tool in PS and that is what is causing the halo. The halos can be avoided by selecting just the subject and then use shadow highlight on the subject only.
2. If you shoot in manual mode for flight shots it will allow you to maintain proper exposure as your subject moves accros differing bgs. This is true as long as the light remians the same as your subject moves.
3. I think the shots would be more interesting if they were cropped a little tighter to show more details in your subject.

I hope these suggestions help.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom