How about 1200mm??

That's not a lens, that's a baseball bat!! LOL Serious bodily injury using that sucker for a few hours!! LOL

As per PhotoSafaris.com:
"Which is the most expensive 35mm lens in the world? The Nikkor 1200mm f/5.6 with a special order price tag of approximately $70,000 US". Not QUITE the price of a condo, but getting there!

Certainly a monster, but MY preferred method is:

Sigma 500mm f4.5 + TC-20E + TC-14E yielding not a measly 1200mm, but 1400mm, at not much worse than f11. But I can tell you, the cost of this didn't set ME back the cost of a condo either :lol: . Yeah, you have to do a bit of a mod on your TC's, but no big deal.

And, by the time you hang all that together it looks pretty danged impressive as well.....

It would be interesting to compare images from them side-by-side, anyone have a 1200mm I could borrow for a year or two :?: :?:

Hey, Sandi, you wouldn't even need your Kayak anymore, but if you tried it, you'd sure need the outriggers......

Well how about a Hubble telescope, think tha would do the trick...

I have an 800-1200 I just ordered an adapter for. Wonder waht kind of shots I will get with it. Not to hopeful, but who knows. It is and f9 ......

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom