How About A Day Made of Glass?

Real Name
Ken St John
I'd sign up in a minute ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38&hd=1

I see some underlying technology from Microsoft ("Surface") and Apple (isn't that a white iPhone 6?) as well as others. No doubt a lot of it is currently available ... for zillions!! Bring the price down and I'll take it ... :biggrin:

Perhaps the only place I didn't like the touch interface was inside the car. I like knobs and detents that can be adjusted without taking my eyes off the road. We have enough distractions inside a car ... don't need more.

And, in most cities, a bus stop like the one shown would last, what, one day?

But still ... WAY COOL!!

Cheers!!

Ken

Real Name
Paul
Wow, that was amazing! Some of that technology can be seen in some TV shows now - the table top computer displays that can get swiped to a wall display like on Hawaii Five-O. That was a truly geek dream. :biggrin:

Real Name
Ken St John
Amazing, but will probably not be in my lifetime. Perhaps my kids and for sure my grandkids.

Actually, I'm not so sure about that. There's a lot of this stuff that's currently "available" ... just very expensive!!

I recall that the first MS Surface table (couple of years ago) was priced around $40k. Today, a similar one is around $10k. Still far too expensive for my home, but give it a few more years.

I'm guessing that we'll see some of that stuff within the next 5-10 years at prices that we can afford. Remember how far flat screen's have dropped in price over the past 5-10 years!!

A "transparent" iPhone? I could see that in 2-3 years!!

Cheers!!

Ken

I can see the TV in the beginning, and the mirror in the bathroom being reasonable, and practical. I dont see the transparent phone (no room for all the needed electronics... come on people... its still glass... it needs the battery, antenna, etc), kitchen, and some of the other bigger, or again, too small ideas being feasible.

My how the world is changing, I still remember standing up to change the channel, along with holding the antenna for better reception.
Interestingly enough Apple is rumored to be removing some glass from their next Iphone making the back panel out of aluminum, back glass has been too fragile?

Like others have said I can see the tv and the mirror. The phone and the counter top seem to be a far way away to me. Love the idea of a connected idea and will hate thinking about the electric costs.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Great ideas, and largely possible. There is quite a lot you can do now.

I already have a whole wall of privacy glass for a bathroom. You click the switch for privacy, or click it so you can see the view from the bathtub.

Also I have large "self cleaning glass" windows. You just hose them down now and again.

I'd give those outdoor "info" glass panels like two days before someone tags them with graffiti or otherwise destroys them.

I'd give those outdoor "info" glass panels like two days before someone tags them with graffiti or otherwise destroys them.

Yeah, definitely. A big problem with ANYTHING like that, billboard, announcement board, etc will be people "rebelling" against being forced information, brainwashed, or propagated. Not that those panels COULDN'T be used for that, but I think even if they werent, people would freak out and claim big brother is trying to get us all.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom