How about a NikonCafe global meeting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panos Kazanelis, Jul 11, 2007.

1. ...combined with a Big Fat Greek Wedding on June 21st 2008...??? :biggrin:

2. Do I hear wedding bells? :biggrin: :131:

Sounds good. Great opportunity as I haven't been in Greece yet.

3. Hi Panos,

Does this mean what I think it does :confused::wink::eek::eek::biggrin:

Bob & Nan

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I thought this was a global cafe meeting right here?

Well, fly me over and I'll shoot U2 with my new 28 1.4 :)

What would really be funny is to have more photographers than guests. :)

5. So, hopefully, that means Congrats are in order! What an image, you getting married along with a Nikon Cafe gathering of faithful all taking their own pictures! It will look like you hired 20+ photographers. The hardest thing would be that you would want to take pictures of your own wedding as well. Just think, you would have thousands of images taken of your wedding!

Great idea... can only hope I have the means to attend by that date.

6. Hem... Panos... if it IS what it should BE... Who should be the PHOTOGRAPHER(S) shooting at that wedding? We all? Do you think to love so much photography to choose to die under tons of GB of shots???
    Is that a risk you would like to try?
    Let us know, we are all interested and surely Greece is still lacking in my "experience"... ;)

7. Cat's outta the bag now!!! :smile:

Your bride will think the paparazzi have invaded her wedding!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: You'll have pics from every conceivable angle of the wedding. Again, a hearty congratulations - it was about time!!!! :eek:

8. Panos, while looking into your private shots - and showing you and your girlfriend to my wife - I saw the wedding reviews.. I guess we have a lot of things in common.. also in (southern) Italy you start preparing well over 1 year earlier.. I booked my photographer 13 MONTHS before that date... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

9. Congratulations!!

10. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Just as the bride and groom are about to say I DO, someone will step in and say CUT, the lighting is all wrong, we've got to back up to the music again. ;)

11. Congrats. sounds very tempting I'm sure there well be plenty of Ouzo.:biggrin:

12. I guess I'd like shooting you dancing the "Sirtaki", or whatever it's written, with a slow timing... Plus I guess attending a greek/orthodox ceremony should be very interesting (even if I guess quite long, if I'm not wrong..)
    I already asked my wife and she smiled "Who the heck is going to marry there, now??? Why every year in summer we have to go to a wedding??? (2005: my cousin; 2006: another cousin plus a french friend, in FRANCE; 2007, another friend, 450 km far from home.. next year.. Greece? :wink: )" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

p.s. your girlfriend is really a gorgeous mediterranean woman.. congratulations to have used your Nikkor-eye to choose or find or see her among the crowd... :wink:

13. Sancho

Sancho

May 21, 2007
    Arkansas & Belize
    Congratulations; Hope you have lots of plates to break.

14. Yep, I'll be there.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I would love to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might even take one pic:>))))))))
    You will have doves to fly, right...lolol

Big Congratulations to you and yours.

16. Sounds like a grand plan to me, Panos!
    What a party this is going to be!

I'm so happy for you and Joanna
    Congrats and best wishes to you both.

:377::377::377::553::150::131:
    Virginia
    aka beaucamera

Now, I'm going to have to start saving my pennies!

17. You people are one of a kind... :smile: Thank you so much for your kind wishes!

Joanna and I have talked about it and we decided to take the risk having more guests holding cameras than candles :biggrin:

http://www.pbase.com/pkazan/my_better_half

On Friday I move out of Cyprus and into our new house in Athens, Greece
    :wink:

18. KsJET

KsJET

Feb 24, 2007
    MN
    Congratulations! Wishing you many years of happiness together!

19. Congratulations to you and yours! Happy long life together.

20. Thats Great news Panos!!! Congratulations from all over the world. I thought the wedding would be on the cliff just above Venus birthplace, on the south coast of Cyprus? I was foolish enough to swim around the little Island once, hardly made it.... But then again I did :wink:

If I win the lottery, I'll go... now who is going to be the photographer?