How About Some Running Wild Horses

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by davidwcramer, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Now that this pack is somewhat accustomed to me, they hang around longer before getting fed and running off. We had a blast this morning (well at least I did). I followed them for a couple miles up to the top of a mesa/hill where they like to graze. Nice views too. Then they allowed me to "run" them. I'd walk over to where they were grazing, and they run over to the other side of the hilltop. I'd follow them over there, and they'd run back to where they were originally. We "played" this way for about an hour. I was able to actually lead them in certain directions so I could get better backgrounds. These are three and four shot panos. Sometimes, in order to make the pano work, PSCS3 would mask out a horse. I could go in and unmask it back in the image in most cases.

Click on the image for a larger version.

[​IMG]

The second and third horses were uncloaked by hand in this image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll add a shot tomorrow of the stallion and a mare bucking as they finally ran off.

Thanks for looking!

2. Really nice david. The second is super

3. David, I just can't get enough of your horses! They're so beautiful and you capture them so well! We just gotta come out there some day! Keep em comin when you can!

4. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    David, these are outstanding! I am a fan of your 2nd image, as mentioned by Dave. I salute your ability to capture these so well without blowing out highlights - quite a task on the white horse in sunny NM!!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent
    That quite a run for you:>)))
    I really love your wild horse images

6. Thanks Dave! I may end up framing that one.

Thanks Dianne. Hope you can make it out here.
    Much appreciated John. I usually shoot with -.07ev to keep from blowing the whites. That works most of the time.

Thanks Gale. The horses and I both got some exercise that morning!

7. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Marvelous shots. I agree with #2 being spectacular.

8. Thanks so much Torben!

9. Thanks for your comment Louie!

10. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    Absolutely beautiful and very well could be hanging on my wall proudly. Nice work David.

11. Thanks for your comment Jimmy. One of these may well end up on the wall.