How about starting a Topic of the Week?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by helmet155, Aug 5, 2005.

1. I have a proposal for the first one, Exposure: Histogram, metering and exposure compensation?

What does everyone think? Any ideas for a topic of the week?

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Paul good point on the multiple subjects...

While shooting last night I was applying what I learned in Reznick's ebook regarding histrogram interpretation and applying exposure compensation with EV, although they are all related they definitely could qualify as separate points of discussion...

I think it'd be a great Monday start, that way we can apply what we have learned during the week's topic on the weekend shoot...

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful Idea...

I love to learn

5. Here's a couple options for the topic of the week, if anyone is still interested...

1. Camera Setup
    2. Metering 101
    3. Composition

The moderators haven't said much in the thread so I'm not sure if they are into it or not...

What do y'all think?

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    moderators are out takin pitchers...

I vote for exposure 101 !!!!!!!

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    This moderator certainly thinks that a Topic of the Week could be a fun thing. I don't think we need to administer it though - in fact, we have about 50 or so Topics every week, under different threads. Just start a new thread on the General Forum, call it Topic of the Week: Whatever Subject and let it build from there. Maybe if these generate enough interest we could look into making a forum for it, but we want to keep the number of fora from proliferating too much.

So Brett, it's your baby - go for it!