1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How 'Bout Some More Hummers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by davidwcramer, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Getting them while I can, as they will migrate south soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Very nice work David!
    Fred

3. Love, these, David.

4. Great shots David and all nicely frozen!!!

5. Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

6. These are beautiful hummer shots, David. As you said,they'll start
    migrating to south but do you have some year-around hummers there?

7. Nice!
    I really prefer shots like this instead of those from a feeder.
    What lens were you using?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

8. great shots David - I can never find them somewhere other than an actual feeder - they are still on my list of birds to shoot :) 

in the meantime I've been practicing on dragonflies in flight - hehe

9. Our winters are too cold for these little critters, so we get them mostly in summer.

Hi Virginia. I use the 400 2.8 + 1.7 tc. Technically, I think I'd say I am at the feeder for these! As you can see from my setup. I add a Plamp to hold the flower in place in front of the feeder.

Thanks much. Get yourself a Plamp and put some flowers by your feeder. Or if the stem is thin enough, stick it in the feeder. Plug up the other holes with tape, and some sugar water to the flower, and away you go!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  10. Dang, them's is purty!

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beauties David. :smile:

About a year ago, Janie planted a 'butterfly bush' (whatever that is). It was OK, but rather small last year, but has exploded this year. Seems like it constantly has butterflies on it, but it is not at all unusual to see hummers there also. I can't wait to get some time to do some shooting. Probably not going to happen this year though. :frown:

12. wow David, really well done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.