How can I find out the shutter clicks on my D200 with a mac?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by JohnR, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I want to find out how many times I have clicked my shutter on my D200. I am using an Apple Powermac G5.

2. ultimind

ultimind

May 13, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Grab an app called Photon:
    http://www.photon-app.com/

The trial version will allow you to view the Metadata info for a file (NEF or JPEG) and view the shutter count.

3. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    I just downloaded the free trial but I fail to see the shutter count in the Metadata. Am I not looking in the right place?

4. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    If you use the free version of Opanda you can drag a sooc jpeg over and it will give you the number of shutter actutations. If you have a flickr account you can upload a sooc jpeg and check the exif data. The number will show up there as well. It's important that it's an unprocessed jpeg :)

5. I don't believe there is an Opanda version for the Mac. Also some people choose not to use Flickr.

6. You can use preview, at least it works for me on Leopard (not sure if it worked on previous versions of OS X). Open a jpeg with Preview, Tools->Inspector, look for the tab with an "I" in a bubble and click Nikon tab. Works for me with D70s and D300 images, so I assume it should work with D200.

Okay, a picture might be easier :

[​IMG]

7. For me both EXIF-Viewer and Phoenix Slides work. If I remember it correctly you have to use a jpg right out of the cam, though.

EDIT: After seeing Vicotor's post I'd like to ad that Preview doesn't show the shutter count under Tiger.

8. Ah cool! I have Leopard so will do that when I get home. Thanks!

9. I can confirm that it does indeed work in Preview on 10.5! Thanks!

10. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Preview works for me as well. I learned quickly however that it must be the original jpeg and not modified by Aperture, etc.

11. evokel

evokel

Sep 6, 2008
    florida
    thanks i found mind too!