How can i improve on this?

Discussion in 'People' started by yahtzee, Apr 6, 2005.

1. This was shot in front of some muslin fabric, but it still isnt as smooth as i would like it to be...Two questions.

1. What would you do to improve these pics?
    2. What plain, simple background would you recommend to achieve that smooth, almost invisible, look?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I think the background is fine. Looking at the first picture, the only problem I see is that it's underexposed. I like simple
    approaches, and the easiest way was to reset the white point using the eyedropper in the levels menu.

original.

3. My wife was looking over my shoulder and noticed the picture of your wife and little girl. She thought it was darling and I agree. All your images are good but as a suggestion on a couple of them they look oversaturated with blue. Now realize that I am using my wifes un-calibrated monitor as my computer is in the shop. You could try removing some blue just to see what it looks like to you.

4. can you shed some light on the white point suggestion?

5. Sure. If you're using any version of Photoshop, just pull up the levels menu, select the white eyedropper tool, and click on various points on the light background until you find the one that works best.

If you've gotten into masking layers, it's best to do this with a levels adjustment layer. That will allow you to hide the effect of the global adjustment on areas of the image better left alone. In the example I gave you, I masked back in some of the shadows at the bottom of the frame to keep it from looking like your little sweetie was floating 8).

6. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    i would leave the image alone...i like the wrinkles..etc.