1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How can this be driven?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by rick_reno, May 15, 2019.

1. Was out walking my dog this afternoon and found this car parked. It appears too low to be driven. This weekend is "Lost in the 50's" here in Sandpoint - an event where folks bring out their old cars/hot rods and park them downtown. Quick snap with my cell phone.

lowridercar copy.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Perhaps on a trailer??? ;) :) :D 
    I can't imagine to enter it...

Great found well captured
    Klaus

3. Maybe hydraulics to lift before drive? Seen it once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree with Klaus. Strange sight.

5. Tennis court driving only.

6. Air or hydraulic rear suspension that can vary the ride height maybe?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 480sparky

480sparky

May 27, 2013
    Cornpatch
    Does it have a flux capacitor and a Mr. Coffee?

• Funny Funny x 1

8. Either that, or Idaho roads got much better over night :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looking again, another thought is that the Cab may be on an air suspension so that it lifts up.

10. That's it!

11. That is a Rat Rod and it looks like a pretty awesome one. The body alone can be raised or lowered via air or hydraulics. See how the body is fitted over the frame? This way the frame and running gear can remain the same and only the body height is changed.

12. I sent the photo to my sister, her husband has one of these “cars” and asked why it was so low. Husband said it’s an anti theft thing, they lower them so they can’t be stolen. I’m not sure why someone would want to steal one of these things...must be one of those “different strokes for different folks” things.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.