How can we get cool Nikon Gear like this here?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by SRA, May 9, 2007.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I saw this on an Asian web site, couldn't read it of course, and would love to buy one. Anyone know how to obtain these in the U.S.?

[​IMG]

2. That is a pretty nice looking bag, it looks a little like a Billingham bag.

3. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    It does seem nice and roomy. Of course the Nikon branding does scream out camera bag ... might not be the best thing for some occasions. But still interesting :wink:

4. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    These bags are often made under license, they are normally part of Nikons localised branding, ie only available in Hong Kong etc.

Nikon USA does similar products via Nikon Mall, Nikon UK on the other hand doesnt (well they do some freebies for pro users, like the VERY VERY not waterproof) waterproof Nikon F5 jacket i have.

It varies from region to region, either way i can assure you that while they are branded Nikon they dont, by comparision, meet the same standards that you would expect from Nikon against a similar product.

In this example you would get far better value for money getting a LowePro bag or a NG bag.

Hope that helps.

5. I've seen this bag in China, it is a Billingham, extra marked with Nikon, Canon etc...:cool:

But it is a nice bag, I agree.

6. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Paul,

Thank you very much. I'll look up the Billingham line.

7. If it is a Billingham bag, I nearly choked when I saw the retail prices of their bags!! :eek:

Think I may look into a Domke F-1X to hold my equipment instead.

But that pictured bag does like very nice!

8. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK

THe bag pictured is NOT a Billingham bag, Billingham bags are handmade just up the road from my house and i can assure you that the one pictured in this thread is NOT one of theres.

If you want a bag that will out live you then get a Billingham and join the 1000's of people who work with them ever day, especially PJ's

9. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    James,

Thank you for the clarification. I will look into the Billingham bag as an optioin. I love good old fashioned handmade quality.

10. It’s probably a Chinese knockoff of a Billingham bag. They seem to be coming up with knockoffs of a lot of high end photographic gear lately.