1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How can you write images to a cf card from a computer

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Bohdan, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I got one of those Sony picture frames as a gift and am having a problem getting a number of images to display on it ( max of 7 ).
    My question is: can you write to a cf card from a computer ( macbook pro) to a cf card in a card reader, and if so how is this done..Having a heck of a time here.

thanks

Bob

2. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    Mine just shows up as a drive on my computer. I make a file and drag it on to the card. SHould work for you.

3. Tried that ...seemed like the logical thing to do. But ...not getting the images to transfer. Will try again.

4. bmell

bmell

Feb 11, 2009
    Nebraska
    Is the cf card formatted for your camera or for OSX? That may make a difference.Look up what format your Sony frame recommends.

5. Formatted for the camera..I'll look up what format Sony recommends.

6. yeah, it should jsut be drag and drop. Is there a special "folder" that it needs to be in for your frame to find it? Or does it not even transfer over to the card at all?

Maybe use your camera instead of the card reader, in case it is a card reader issue?

7. Tim W

Tim W

Mar 10, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Make sure the card is formatted as FAT (this should be acceptable to the picture frame) and just drag the images over into a folder that you have created on the card. Don't place the images into the root directory as it will only store a few files before issuing a disk full message - it's not that the disk is full, but the directory is.

Other thing you can try is substituting a USB thumb drive instead of using a CF card.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Bob, when you connect the card to your computer through the card reader, does the card show up on your desktop with a hard drive icon? If not, the card reader or cable may be malfunctioning, or the card may need to be formatted. Disk Utility (in the Applications > Utilities folder) should be able to do that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.