• Yes

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Driving home tonight, and for the past few days, the local radio station has been playing some locally produced, smart, aggressive ads about Nikon glass. After all, if you want the best thing between your eyes and the text on the page, nothing in is better....

Which got me to thinking, many of us here swear by Nikon glass for our lenses. But how many insist on it between our eyes and the lens?

Just curious.

I saw Nikon frames at Wal-Mart last year but I did not see them last week when I stoped in to look for them again.

Frank,

I'm not sure about the contacts, but their eyeglass glass is promoted in many places in this area. Their radio advertising is fairly regular.

It would make sense, if you make optics, to make glasses (IMHO). After all, more people will by glasses than 70-200. After all, eyeglasses are just lenses.

I had to ask the question, because their ads reference that they make "high quality" (IIRC) cameras. (No mention of lenses).

But it's also curious I think, given how many people swear by Nikon glass, but don't put it between the most critical processor (their eye/brain) and the world.

No but I would sure like to. Or Zeiss.. Both are great and very expensive. I would get the Ziess if could.

Is there an active/inactive switch on the VR version Fritz? That one got me, good one! Do ya have to go with primes, or can you get zoom's now too? That would be sweet! Good lookin girl walks by, you can just hit the autozoom, hehe. I think I'll need 10-200mm anyway...

Is there an active/inactive switch on the VR version Fritz? That one got me, good one! Do ya have to go with primes, or can you get zoom's now too? That would be sweet! Good lookin girl walks by, you can just hit the autozoom, hehe. I think I'll need 10-200mm anyway...

Doug, I like primes on my DSLR, but definitely see the advantages of a zoom here :smile:

I've never heard of Nikon glasses either.
But my local opticians market their Pentax lenses.
Although I'm not sure that's exactly a good thing !!!!

In the future, everyone will have autozoom, UV protected glasses. I can't wait, lol. You know what they say, zoom ZOOM zoom.. ;)

Actually, it is funny you mentioned this. I mulled over writing a blog on Bates Methods. I indeed to write about the analogies between photographic optical issues and the human eye.

Anyway, one of the things they noticed was that most common glasses DO decrease contrast just like poor lenses do. After becoming aware of it, I have indeed noticed this phenomenon.

My higher prescription glasses also has noticable corner distortion AND chromatic aberrations compared to my lower prescription glasses.

Would I pay for higher quality glasses? No way. The Bates Methods are to help people remove their dependence from glasses forever. (natural vision restoration).

Latest threads

Top Bottom