How Do I Burn a CD from Aperture?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by ShadowForce, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    I realize this is probably going to go down in history as one of the most ignorant questions ever asked on this forum but at least I'll be famous. :wink:

I have some pictures in Aperture that I want to burn to a CD on my MacBook Pro. Can someone explain to me how to do that? Do I need some special software to burn the CD?

Thanks for your help!

2. Cougar8045

Cougar8045

May 25, 2007
    Earth
    Just put a blank CD in to your MacBook Pro, follow the on screen instruction. Then drag all the image files into the CD icon. Select the burn command from the menu and that's it.

3. ShadowForce

ShadowForce

Mar 26, 2006
    Dayton, OH
    Thanks Cougar! I think one of my problems late last night was the fact that when I inserted the blank CD, it was asking me what application I wanted to open it with. I chose "Finder" this morning and saw the CD icon thus allowing me to drag the photos from Aperture.

4. Sometimes the Mac makes things so easy that it's confusing to those coming from a background with Windoze, where even the simplest task could turn into an onerous project! LOL! First time I burned a CD I couldn't believe how effortless it is....

5. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Burning a CD is pretty easy as long as you have a selection smaller than the size of on CD. I have a couple hundred photos I need to burn. It'd be nice if the thing could automatically fill up a CD, and then prompt me when to insert the next, and the next.

6. Well, gee whiz, Bill!!! You really want everything, don't you?! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah, the other day I went to burn a CD and realized that it wouldn't be adequate for the data and images I was putting on it, so then pulled out a blank DVD and used that instead. My MBP has the superdrive so no problem.... It is amazing how much more a DVD will hold than a CD!

7. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I just need to find out if the person who needs the pictures has a DVD drive.

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Use Toast :smile:

9. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    The world needs to stop providing me with excuses to buy more and more products.

10. Cougar8045

Cougar8045

May 25, 2007
    Earth
    I believe you can write an Apple script to accomplish this.

11. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Thanks, but I decided that John was (as usual) correct and bought a copy of Toast. It does a fine job and also makes a photo CD readable by either Windows or Mac. If I'm going to end up doing some TFCD work with local models, it's a tool I needed, anyway.

12. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Of course I'm right :biggrin: The even easier way to get images to models is to have a SmugMug (or similar) account and let them d/l directly from the web site . . .

And BTW, if you ever want to work with studio lighting let me know. I can introduce you to whole new ways of spending your money . . .

13. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    John,

You are SO RIGHT about Toast! The latest release several months ago won Best in Show in San Francisco. It is so easy to use and makes great quality productions.

Great recommendation!!

14. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    John,

The idea of studio lighting is interesting and frightening at the same time. I'm finding far more ways to spend money in this field than I ever anticipated. I need to start making it return on the investment. That said, I've definitely run into situations where I'd like to have more control over the light.

That Lotto ticket will work this time, right?

15. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Well, if you want to come some time, we can play with the studio strobes. But having that degree of control over the light is addicting . . . :cool: