How do I change the time in the NEF EXIF in large batches?

So I'm currently travelling in Asia at the moment and I'm also going to geotag my photos. To make things simple for myself, I've followed some people's advice and set my camera's time to match UTC time. I know that in Lightroom, I can easily change the time, but the thing is that I don't think the process is permanent. I want the changes to be saved into the NEF's EXIF header. I also want the changes to be made like as if the photo was indeed shot in that timezone. I don't want something weird to appear in the EXIF as a result of my attempt to change the time of the photo. I have well over 8000 photos on my laptop at the moment. What's a good program that can change the time in the EXIF in large batches (preferably in 100s or 1000s)?

I don't have Lightroom, but I believe that the Lightroom adjustment is overwritten on the original, and it can be done in batches on each timezone worth of photos. I suggest you try one or two photos to make sure. Check with Rich Gibson, he was trying to do the same thing in this thread.

If that does not work, I use Microsoft Expressions Media, and I know it will work on .jpg files, but I'm not sure about raw.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information guys. Is there an application that can do it before I import it into Lightroom besides Expression Media?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom