1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How do i disguise a 400/2.8 so that it looks like a 200/2?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by spalding12, Aug 6, 2008.

1. so.... carol knows i have the 200/2
    but.... IF i get the 400/2.8, how do make her think it's the 200/2?

how can i disguise the 400/2.8 to look EXACTLY like the 200/2? :biggrin:

are there any ILLUSIONISTS at THE CAFE?

2. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Put a label on it's case "200/2"

then run and hide you bad man

3. hmmmmmm....
    now i'm wondering if carol (my wife) still reads this forum.... :eek: ..:eek: .:biggrin:

4. Greg,

This is a very easy problem to solve ... it's called the 3-carat diamond solution! Carol will be so happy :Love: you will get a bonus option of keeping them both! :710: Whoever said having photography as a hobby was inexpensive forgot the collaterial costs! :biggrin:

Regards,

5. Well...I just bought a 300 2.8. Had it shipped to work and put on the business credit card. I did tell my wife I recently bought a new lens....I just left out the $4500 part! Too bad she's the one who pays the company bills. So I guess I bought myself a couple of weeks before the billing cycle ends?

6. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    You can send it down to me and I'll keep it here. I'll overnight it back when you need it

Or you're not too far. We can just meet halfway

7. Frankly Greg, methinks that you will have a bit of difficulty with your approach (see the quick image I shot this morning :eek: ).

Why pretend, I like Barry's suggestion much better :biggrin:

original.

8. If she does, the cat is out the bag now. :biggrin:

9. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Honesty is the best policy...ok bribery is the best policy

My wifie always says that "I deserve it." A surprise bouquet of flowers before the new lens announcement should help you achieve my lofty status!!!:Love::rolleyes: 

10. yeah.... i was thinking about taking a trip to THE HOME DEPOT at lunch :smile:

11. well... there was the 2-carat yellow diamond 2 for our 20th anniversary, 2 years ago....

hmmmmmm
    yes, the collateral costs of photography are staggering

12. ah, keith
    in the pre-internet days it was far easier for me to UNDERestimate the cost of "toys" for me....

now.... it take carol 30 secs to discover the cost of anything, of course

enjoy your 2-week holiday from "FUN."

13. You could also tell her that most doctors in the throes of a mid-life crisis have affairs with their nurses. All you did was buy a lens! :biggrin:

you never know, it might work . . . But have your pillow with you, you might need it.

14. well....
    i will take this idea under consideration :biggrin:

15. MikeG76

MikeG76

Jun 11, 2008
    Middletown, NY
    Duct tape anything that gives it away, then if she asks (or even before she asks) mention that you got a bigger hood. ;) 

16. Frits, my friend
    i was hoping that you'd see this thread

ah....
    the size difference is substantial
    hmmmmm
    i'm going to have to re-group

the diamond may not do it
    maybe.... that little bed-n-breakfast in the 6th district in paris will be all that will suffice

i GREATLY appreciate your post and picture

17. maybe i should send someone over from my office to see if my clothes are strewn all over my driveway... :smile:

18. Ed...
    i suppose that carol would feel the same way
    i work hard...
    10K for a "toy" is far cheaper than that MV Agusta Brutale i brought home a couple of years ago (and since sold.... at a loss i won't mention here :frown:) 

19. hmmmmmmm
    well....

ah, nevermind.. :biggrin:

seriously...
    i do have 29 ladies who work for me
    not sure she'll like YOUR reply.. :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.