How do I ensure properly focussed images?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Steve S, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I've got another practice, "test" shoot on Sun with the twin of the girl from last week. This time I'll be using my other D2X body. It's the original one, the very early unit that's already been sent back to Nikon for focus problems. Seems to be much better than before now. Haven't used it on a ppl shoot yet, only for birding. I do not want to get the crap results I got last wk. Any tips to help ensure I get crisp, sharp images this time?

2. Shoot AF-S and use the center rectile focus on the eyes and while holdign the hsutter release or the AF on button keep it held and then recompose and shoot shot of a tripod and dont shoot wide open stop down a few stops to get to the sweet spot of the lens. Hoep this helps

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I'm just looking forward to seeing the pictures - your models are either beautiful or you make 'em look that way. Either way, hurry up and post, ok?

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Oh no! Now it's TWO girls!

Morgan called to confirm her appt, and by special request, she asked if I would let her bf's kid sister tag along. Not only am I going to take some outdoor portrait shots of her as well, but I can use her for my assistant too, so I'm game! Stay tuned....