How do I get borderless prints? CS3 with HP printer

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Carole, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    I am using Photoshop CS3 with an HP printer. I resized the image to 4X6, set the canvas size to 4X6, and set the page setup to 4X6. I also set the border to "0", but I am still getting a white border. My print is actually 3.75X5.5. I also get a message that says that clipping will occur but that doesn't happen.

Carole

2. What printer are you using? In the printer driver there is usually a setting for boarderless prints. Not all printers can print boarderless. This is an issue with the printer and the printer driver- not with cs3. Let us know what printer you are using and I bet we can get it worked out.
    Gary

3. I use the plug-in that came with the printer (which supposedly doesn't work in CS3....but it does). Automate - ProPrint and then it brings up the printer selection screen, and I choose 4x6 borderless paper. I forget the exact model of my printer.....BP9880 or something like that. Big printer, does 13x19 prints.

4. Carole

Carole

Jun 15, 2008
    Bellingham, WA
    It's an HP Deskjet 990Cse. I've had it for a number of years, but it prints such gorgeous photos. Maybe it's just too old to do borderless? If so, it's OK, as I have a paper cutter and can cut the borders off, but if there is a way to get it to print borderless, that would be great. I'm also using a Mac.

Carole

5. I have not used that printer, and am a PC guy. Usually under paper types there is an area to select for boarderless. Hope others can give you more help.
    Gary

6. I am 99% sure that the 990CSe is not capable of full-bleed printing. You could call HP and make that 100%. One of my printers is a similar model and I know it doesn't do full bleed. I also searched google and while there is nothing definitive about the 990 - the results I got make me think the 990 doesn't support full bleed (e.g. some sites would list features of a printer, and one of those features was full-bleed. However, when getting to the 990 features, full-bleed was not listed).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.