How do I post a photo?

New here....
I have some photos I'd like to post (made with a D70) but I'm not sure how to do it. All I have is the software that came with the camera. I'd been using Canon Zoombrowser (digicams) prior to that. So no PS or anything.
I just have a softball photos I'd like to post..but I just don't know how.

Thanks

This explains the process, NikonFan. It was writen for DPR posters, but the basics apply here, too. The only difference is,
you need to precede the link to your picture with
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1007&message=8082963

Im having a hard time posting photos , Followed the instructions. Could there be some reason I cant get it to work ,or am I just overlooking something, maybe even so simple no one even mentioned it?

biggstr6 said:
Im having a hard time posting photos , Followed the instructions. Could there be some reason I cant get it to work ,or am I just overlooking something, maybe even so simple no one even mentioned it?
Can't tell what you're overlooking without knowing exactly what you're doing. Are you being certain to append "/large.jpg" (or some other size) to your image's address? Are you making certain that it's surrounded with the proper "img" as UncleFrank just explained? These are the frequent mistakes.

gho

biggstr6 said:
#1 - where is your photo?

Hello & Thanks

First off the photos are on the Company website . Same place I always put them and can post to other forums from there.

What Ive been trying is hitting the Img button ,typing in the co. url,/DSC0424.jpg,and then ive tried hitting the Img button again,and ive tried it without hitting it again.

Ive also tried just typing in the url

Post a link to a photo on your company website, and I'll see if I can embed it.

If so, I'll explain how I did it. If they don't allow direct linking, you'll just need to find a new job ;).

gho

Yes, that's right... But clicking on the link leads to "404 Not Found"

Make sure that the URL is correct.

biggstr6 said:
I can access the Stewartlimo site, and direct link to their pictures, such as this one.

But the address you offered is a dead end.

Try this. Go to the page where your picture is located, and right click on it. Then, select [properties] from the
drop down menu, copy the [Address/URL] and paste it on a post.

Wonder what happened? Corey posted one of my photos and showed how he did it , and then I did too ,and now both posts are gone.

Thats weird.

I think they got lost when Patrick switched servers, here is a re-post:

Code:
[img]http://www.stewartlimo.com/_DSC0424.jpg[/img]
Gives this result:

You need a _ before DSC0424.jpg.

C

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom