How do I post photo in message?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff Mims, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I've read the FAQs, and I'm just missing something. I did put a link to pbase in my signature, but would like to just post an image everynow and then, that would open up inside the message.
    I've followed instructions, but for some reason, it doesn't work for me. So maybe I missed a step?
    Any help will be appreciated...and I'll put in a good word with Santa for you.
    (and before you ask, Santa doesn't know if he'll have and D200s by Christmas Eve):smile:

2. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hello Jeff,

I too use pbase. To place a picture in a message, click the "mountain postcard" icon on top of the message box. A small window opens to let you insert your link to the image.

Now the important part:

When in pbase, mark and copy (Ctrl-C) the entire link (incl. "http://"), then paste it in the small window. Important: add .jpg to the end of the link!!! The pbase links don't have a .jpg extension so they won't show, unless you add it manually.

To get better results with pbase, use the following extension (add it manually to the "www.pbase.com/name/123456" or whatever):

/original.jpg

The whole image link will then read something like:

"http://www.pbase.com/name/123456/original.jpg"

This trick will let you show your original pbase image without downsizing it!

Good luck!

3. Well said Heiko, thanks... a payment-check is in the mail for you :wink:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jeff,
    Lets see if this works.
    Your dauthter the catcher ???

:>))

5. Hmmm another payment-check for that gal from the Sun State... :biggrin:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Smiles@Panos (and Lambros)

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Gale,
    Thanks for posting that. I'm learning, I'll just have to get the hang of it.
    and....oh yes, my daughter is the catcher.

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Jeff! Just go to Gale's message and click the 'Quote' button. This'll let you see what she typed in to get the picture to come up. You can do the same thing. Open a picture in a window, make sure the picture's url address ends with ".jpg". Then type "[​IMG]". Don't put any spaces between the [​IMG], and don't use any quote marks.

That should do it, but if you still have trouble with it, send me a Private Message and we'll work it out.