How do the S Series Z Lenses work with the Z50

I have the 50mm 1.8 S lens and it's great, but I'm wondering how the others might play here. The kit zooms seem to work very nicely, but I've read some not-too-flattering reviews about IQ. Should I just leave well enough alone and be happy with what I've got (especially for the price for Mirrorless)??

Yup all Z-mount S lenses will work on your Z50 but you will lack VR, since the FX lenses don't have VR and the Z50 lacks IBIS. The exception is the just announced 70-200 f/2.8--it has VR.
The reviews on the 2 kit lenses for the Z50 all sounded very good to me, and the samples I've seen here are very good.

I don't know what unflattering reviews you refer to. My only concern about the 16-50 and 50-250 is that they are somewhat slow if you are shooting in lower light. And as Palouse mentions, with most of the Z FX lenses you don't have VR.

But their overall IQ is very good. The question is, what shots aren't you satisfied with and will a faster lens improve that (and is it worth the cost!)?

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom