How do you clean the mirror ??

I had to clean the CCD today (which took 3 swipes) and noticed that the mirror is very dirty.

What and how do you clean the mirror without causing damage ????

Thanks for any info.

Stu

Use the same cleaner on the mirror. I use pecpads and the eclipse drops - only 2 drops max on the spatula end. Also handy for getting any stubborn marks off lenses/filters, etc.

Cheers, Sandi

Hmmm, never had any problem with mine, but then again, I only have gently wiped it. Have to do some more research into this...

gho

Well, at least the good news is if you screw up the mirror, it won't affect the picture quality. I usually just blow it off with a blower.

Real Name
Chris
TOLady said:
Hmmm, never had any problem with mine, but then again, I only have gently wiped it. Have to do some more research into this...
If you are very light with the touch, you can brush dust off, and there are products to remove films from fs mirrors, but methanol is way too corrosive to use on a metllized surface. I suspect, however, that modern camera mirrors have a thin layer of silica over the surface for protection.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom