1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How do you find the number of actuations ?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by davewales, Jul 30, 2009.

1. davewales

davewales

Feb 18, 2008
    Wales
    I need to know in a hurry !
    Thanks
    Dave

2. Windows or mac?

in either case you need an EXIF reader.

Windows: Opanda is the most popular and is a free download.

Mac: Open a file in Preview and click on Tools> Inspector> [exlamation point] !> Nikon

3. davewales

davewales

Feb 18, 2008
    Wales
    You're a star !
    Thanks
    Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
  4. Delsorbo

Delsorbo

Nov 19, 2007
    Toronto
    is this a feature on leopard? can't seem to find it on my preview (using osx 10.4.11)

5. In addition, if you usually shoot RAW, you will need to shoot 1 JPEG and upload it to the computer - then use the EXIF reader on that file

6. Could be. I'm a recent Mac convert (April, 2008) and have only ever used Leopard. I don't think I needed to update it when I got my D700.

Preview will open RAW files. I open RAW files from my D700 all the time for this purpose.

7. John-O

John-O

Jul 26, 2008
    Carson, CA, USA
    Leopard will open raw files with the Preview app. unless its defaulted to another program. Double click on the photo then hit Apple-I to bring up the info window, click the middle tab for the exif info. If you're using Tiger use a JPEG instead.

8. cool

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.