How do you find the number of actuations ?

Windows or mac?

in either case you need an EXIF reader.

Windows: Opanda is the most popular and is a free download.

Mac: Open a file in Preview and click on Tools> Inspector> [exlamation point] !> Nikon

Windows or mac?

in either case you need an EXIF reader.

Windows: Opanda is the most popular and is a free download.

Mac: Open a file in Preview and click on Tools> Inspector> [exlamation point] !> Nikon

In addition, if you usually shoot RAW, you will need to shoot 1 JPEG and upload it to the computer - then use the EXIF reader on that file

is this a feature on leopard? can't seem to find it on my preview (using osx 10.4.11)
Could be. I'm a recent Mac convert (April, 2008) and have only ever used Leopard. I don't think I needed to update it when I got my D700.

In addition, if you usually shoot RAW, you will need to shoot 1 JPEG and upload it to the computer - then use the EXIF reader on that file
Preview will open RAW files. I open RAW files from my D700 all the time for this purpose.

Leopard will open raw files with the Preview app. unless its defaulted to another program. Double click on the photo then hit Apple-I to bring up the info window, click the middle tab for the exif info. If you're using Tiger use a JPEG instead.

Latest threads

Top Bottom