HOW do you guys do this???

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by rustyfingers, May 9, 2007.

1. I went to our local ML park with my d50 and my sigma 70-200 thinking I'm gonna' come home with some great shots. All I got was junk. I'm shooin' 350-500ss/2.8/ISO 1600+ . I remain amazed that you get such glorious images.

These are all crops (I use that term looooosly)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ummm...these are not junk...especially if you took these from the stands...

3. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

not junk at all ....

4. i don't shoot night games and anything over iso800 IMO is not worth the effort on my d200....the 30d was nice but it had a diff set of issues so it got sold

these are not bad...it takes ss=1/500 min to freeze a human and 1/2000 to freeze a bb

5. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I agree, these shots are not junk at all. Night shooting is very hard and almost impossible to get your shutter speed up high enough to really stop the speed of the baseball, players arms when throwing, and the bats. I think you should be pleased with these...they look good.