How do you mount your Sidekick?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Guest-002, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Guest-002

Guest-002 Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    Just playing with my new Sidekick and am wondering whether to use it on the right or the left. As a righthander, having it on the left makes it easier to lock down with my left hand while holding the body with the right. However, the top of the sidekick gets in the way when I want to rest my left hand on top of the lens to dampen vibration. Mounting it on the right makes it easeir to rest my left hand on the lens but means I need to let go of the body with my right hand if I want to lock it in a certain position.

Any insight?

2. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I always mount mine on the left. I reach just in front of it to rest my hand on the lens. I never really noticed the knob getting in the way.

3. Kerry Pierce

Kerry Pierce

Jan 7, 2006
    Detroit
    I've tried it on both sides as well and, with the relatively short lenses I use on it, I prefer to use it on the right side, for the same reasons you state about it getting in the way. You can still lock it with your left hand, just reach a little farther. :smile:

4. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi radu-

i have mine on the left as my right hand is on the camera body/shutter and the left hand is on the lens or the sidekick.

ricky

5. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Shooting wildlife I never want my finger off the shutter, also going from locked to panning often, so mine is allways on the left. Also consider the position of the ballhead adjustment knobs when the head is in the slot for Sidekick use. Kirk head.