How do you....

W

Wileec

There are a couple of ways of doing this, depending on working distance from subject to background. The easiest is to have a ton of distance between your dark background and the subject - such that the light on the subject doesn't spill onto the background. With enough distance a pure white background can be used. The next option is to use black velvet as your background, as it really absorbs light, but there is no substitute for distance. In tighter places, velvet (generally, the costlier, the better) can get the job done, but it's still about have enough distance that spill isn't a factor in the shot. Also, I think this is more easily accomplished with speedlights versus strobes. Strobes typically put out a lot more light and are slower compared to speedlights, which means that light gets more time to travel more distance, with a strobe.

Thanks, my son's team had a photographer shoot them stopping (and the ice spraying).

The photos turned out great (even though he was using Canon:biggrin:) and he had strobes set up on the ice, but no background setup.

I was wondering how he did it.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom