1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How does this look?

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by JohnC, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Reshot this with the new D300 and I'm wondering what you all think. I had the camera saturation too heavy and had to pull out a lot of red, and it seemed a bit bright, so I darkened it -5.

So is it OK now or needs more work?

Shot with D300
    [​IMG]

Old D80 shot
    [​IMG]

2. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    Of course the D300 shot is better, but IMO it is due to PP. You can have similar effect with D80 shot with some work with Photoshop.
    It's what I think.

3. it's a great shot
    but... you can't compare the 2
    the building is lit COMPLETELY DIFFERNT than the old shot
    so....
    it won't look the same
    the D300 has far better dynamic range of course

you did well

4. GeorgeV

GeorgeV

Aug 7, 2008
    Niles
    I think the PP is the difference. The lighting looks the same.

5. So on your screeen, the D300 picture isn't over exposed/too bright?

The D300 shot was September at 2.5sec, F/6.3, ISO 200, W/B Incadescent, etc.

The D80 picture was shot in December at 1.3sec, F/5.6 ISO 125, W/B incadescent, etc.

CoOokie, the D80 shot is only low sharpened and resized in Nikon picture project. Nothing else was done to that shot.

The D300 shot was, like I said, Darkened -5, and a red color cast removed, and then resized all in Adobe PS 2.0 (not at home on my PC where I have Nikon PP, Adobe CS2, etc.).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.