How fast is KEH's shipping??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RockACello, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hey everybody,

I think I'm finally ready to make the plunge on the 80-200 f/2.8 AF-D. However, I'm worried about shipping time; my dilemma is that I'm leaving my home town to go back up to school next wednesday and I'm trying to figure out if I should have the lens shipped here or if I should have it shipped to my house up north. What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated!

2. I live in Toronto, Canada and ordered an item from KEH on September 4th, which has still not yet arrived (it's Thursday September 18th at 2.30 pm. as I write this).
    To be fair, I didn't ask for the fastest shipping mode, but instead took the slower, less costly route (Fedex to the border and Canada Post from there to me).
    Well, this is the result.
    Whenever I order something, I always assume that if something can occur which will cause a problem or a delay, it will happen with absolute certainty.
    So my advice to you? Have it shipped to where you'll be after next Wednesday, and you'll likely not be disappointed.

3. Tim White

Tim White Guest

I think you should ask KEH.

4. Thanks for the help. After seeing all the shipping options I decided just to overnight it so that I do not have to worry about it. I guess this thread was kind of pointless. But, I still appreciate the advice.

5. usathyan

usathyan

May 20, 2008
    USA
    My exp. is that its not really that fast. (My exp. is by comparing it to B&H, who ships really fast. I typically get it the next day - despite requesting 3 day shipping - possibly, because i live in NJ). They ship via UPS...and send you tracking.

6. Amarok

Amarok

Aug 25, 2008
    Prairie City OR
    of the 2 cameras I ordered from them on the standard shipping it took roughly a week to reach me here in Oregon. Just be aware that the prices shown on their website for shipping charges are not correct they are a VERY rough estimate. I was going to have a 2 day shipping on the FM, 50mm E, and 35mm was going to be roughly 4 times the price shown on the site.

7. FWIW Just as fast as UPS can do it depending on the option YOU pay for... KEH sells but relies on others to handle the shipping.

My experience says Altanta, GA to Houston, TX using UPS says, buy Mon -> Tue and you might get it Fri; Buy Wed-> Fri and it shows up the following week, even using ground.