How hot and cold does it get in your neck of the woods?

Its still Spring here today and the temps are 36°c (96.8°f) in mid summer it can get to 43°c or even 45°c (113°f)

We are lucky and most days in summer we get a Nor'easter wind coming off the ocean which makes things bearable. But if the winds are from the West (inland) its pretty uncomfortable. Nights cool down to around 26°c (78.8°f) with high humidity.

We (in my part of Oz) pretty much have an 8 month Summer here and a 4 month Winter, there's not much Spring or Autumn, one day its Summer and next its Winter and next its Summer!

In winter we average 18°c (64.4°f) days and it can drop to around 5° (41°f) over night and sometimes a little colder. We do burn about 3 tons of wood over winter because those temps do feel cold to us :)

The UV is always pretty much extreme from around 8.30am to 6.00pm in summer and you get burnt literally within minutes if your fair skinned.

About 2-3C here right now. Little snow on the ground. Last year it got down to -28C for a couple days and that was BEFORE windchill.

Every winter we have temperatures that goes till minus 40 f Sometimes even colder ( I took pictures outside once by minus 49f )….
Summer heat wave goes in upper 70f or lower 80 f...
But this year its very unusual today it went in the upper 40 f !!!! Snow on the forecast for the rest of the week

Last edited:
Southern Minnesota here . . . A week of 90-5 degree F is not all that unusual for the summer with highs of 100 - 105F. In winter is it not unusual to have a week to ten days of constant -15 to -20F with -30 not out of the question. 40F is considered shorts and t-shirt weather.

Southern Minnesota here . . . A week of 90-5 degree F is not all that unusual for the summer with highs of 100 - 105F. In winter is it not unusual to have a week to ten days of constant -15 to -20F with -30 not out of the question. 40F is considered shorts and t-shirt weather.

I've got a mate that lives in Minnesota, he sent me a video of him throwing boiling water in the air and it landed as ice.

I've got a mate that lives in Minnesota, he sent me a video of him throwing boiling water in the air and it landed as ice.
Yup. I've done that. Must be a state ritual. I actually like going out at -15 to -20 below (as long as there is no wind - and then it is brutal) - but the air is extraordinarily clear and sound carries differently. It can actually be quite beautiful as long as you are dressed for it.

We definitely have four seasons here, but winter can be long. We usually get to -20F in the winter and can get over 100 F in the summer. We can go for weeks in the winter never getting above freezing in the daytime so our snow often lasts for a long time.

North Idaho, about 40 miles south of the border with Canada.
-15F lows in winter, usually that kind of cold doesn't stick around for more than a week, coldest was -35F. Highest summer temp was 104F, usually it's in the mid 80's. We have two seasons, winter and road construction.

In Adelaide South Australia, today is 30°C (86°F) & Wednesday will be 42°C (108°F) and it isn’t really Summer yet…!!!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here in the mountains of SW Virginia we have a fairly benign climate compared to many areas of the U.S. We live at 2650 feet elevation, so our summer temperatures rarely reach 90ºF (32ºC). A typical hot summer day will have a low temperature around 65ºF (18ºC) and a high temp of around 85ºF (29ºC). It can be fairly humid, however.

Winters are quite cold but not brutal. A typical January or February day will have a low temperature in the low 20s F (-10 to -5 C) and a high temperature in the mid 30s F (2 to 3 C). But we have a few days with lows around or slightly below 0ºF (-18ºC) and high temperatures in the teens F (-10ºC).

We average about 35 inches of snow per year.

I've lived here for 45 years and the lowest temperature I have ever seen is -23F (-30C) in 1982 and the highest about 94F.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom