How I handle lots of large files from an event.

Real Name
David
I'm never comfortable with the words RAID and backup being that close in a sentence. ;)

And yes an external would be better. And if it's your main backup it should be turned off and completely unplugged when not doing a backup. As you have it setup now (unless I'm missing something), anything that might fry your system, might also fry each and every one of your drives. Or someone breaks in and decides "that tower looks good", again all is lost. That's why I have: plugged in offline, unplugged offline, and offsite offline.

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
My $.02... For the past several years I've been mounting drives as volumes rather than using drive letters. I was running into a problem where drive letters were getting duplicated or changed, etc. Now all my drives (up to 22 drives now I think) show up as volumes in a directory on my c-drive and can be popped in or out as I need them. Not a great solution for everyone but it works great for my situation. Just another alternative.

This sounds like a very good idea. I must take a closer look at this idea and see would it work for me also.
Cheers.
Mike

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
My $.02... For the past several years I've been mounting drives as volumes rather than using drive letters. I was running into a problem where drive letters were getting duplicated or changed, etc. Now all my drives (up to 22 drives now I think) show up as volumes in a directory on my c-drive and can be popped in or out as I need them. Not a great solution for everyone but it works great for my situation. Just another alternative.
How are you mounting them?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom