1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How I Lent My $4,500 Camera Kit for $95 and Had It ‘Legally Stolen’

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rick_reno, Oct 29, 2018.

1. That's seriously F'ed up of this company for allowing this to happen and then using legal'ese to get around compensating the victim. Both the thief and Kitspit are both responsible in this manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. It seems to me that the owner of the camera gear also has some responsibility in this too, for ever having agreed to participate in this "rental" scheme right from the get-go and for apparently not having checked the fine print with regard to what the "KitKat Klub" or whatever their name is -- the so-called intermediary "rental" company -- actually specified as all the legalities, especially with regard to insurance liability and terms for both the company itself and the person providing his or her equipment for "rent." To me this looks like it was a theft just waiting to happen.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. What's even more ridiculous is that the person is still using the services of this scam/scheme rental company, so in that regard I'm not sure if I feel sorry for him completely.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah, what's with THAT? Why on earth would he keep using the company's services after what happened with the theft of his gear? Something really off-kilter there, I would say......

5. "A fool and his money are soon parted" - old proverb.

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" - another old proverb.

6. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

"If it's too good to be true..."

And I don't know if I have that much sympathy for him since he's still using Kitsplit (or whatever they're called...).

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Good of him to share his experience and admit his mistake on a public forum. It might help prevent further such mistakes.

8. That's the strangest part of the story. Still renting his gear for pennies with the very real threat of theft and no recourse. Amazing!

9. Why do some (not saying everyone) people use these “gig/sharing-economy” based services?
    Tax free income.
    For now...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  10. BrianVS

BrianVS

Mar 15, 2017
    Virginia

Obviously, they did not heed the warning on Titans Go.

And now the Robots will take over.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.