1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

how is everybody doing ?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    I'm spending the summer in the Bird and Macro forums...see use guys in August for high school football

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    well, these are both great shots in their own right Randy, great to see you getting out and about

I'm in the busiest part of my season, but hope to emulate you with this sort of stuff when we get our summer

3. Hey Randy,
    I'll look for you back in August, until then you're a freaking show off with those two awesome shots!! :biggrin: I'm sure the folks in the other forums will LOVE you there too.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'm doing my best to wrap up one career and skyrocket the new one. I haven't really used my gear since shooting some soccer a few weeks ago. I'm looking forward to my schedule defining itself real soon, thank goodness for personal calendars.

5. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    thx Darren....
    I am starting to miss sports and can't wait for football practice....I envy you having so much action

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    thx Steve...yea they been nice to me over there but I miss this place alot and sports even more

7. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    i hope you get that wrapped up as soon as you want....
    i can't seem to go more than 2-3 days w/o shooting something

btw, I never made it to Alabama either (but I did get the cool t-shirt)....i am def going to Viera for MI6 though

8. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    I saw that osprey shot the other day. Great shot. Our high school football coach puts on two one week football camp sessions every June, and now has added a 3rd week in July due to the increasing popularity of the camp just to accommodate all the schools. We have schools from Oregon, California, Washington, Idaho, and Nevada attending every year. One year, the school had to pay for the problems the extra burden caused on the city sewer system. I’ve been so busy with football camp and the hundreds and hundreds of photos I’ve been taking, that this is the first day in over two weeks I’ve posted on any forum at all. Only have about 80 photos left to process and upload. Once I’m done, I’ll probably post some here.

9. Nice of you to drop in Randy. Some great shots there. I have been checking out some of your posts in the bird forum. Wherever that is you're hanging out you are getting some killer shots. Beautiful light.

10. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Looks like your doing GREAT as always randy !! your bugs and birds allways make me smile !! .... Life on my end has been alright as well, for the most part i'm in transition myself and haven't touched the camera in far to long...... wait scratch that i took a photo of something for craigslist ... does that count ? ... anyway ... it's good to see your name on my screen and i cant wait to see how HS football goes for so many of us that have been fortunate enough to get our hands on some fantastic hardware

11. randy...
    i hope that you'll be posting a lot of images.... ALL OVER THE CAFE
    love these

who knows... you might NEVER go back to sports photography in the fall... :505:.....:840:

12. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I've been shooting a whole lot of nothing...hopefully work will slow down some and I can actually get out and shoot something for fun again.

13. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    These Are Great Randy!!

14. Got any shots of those bugs with Lax sticks or soccer balls?

15. yeah, I've been seeing your shots over there, also the D3 Auto ISO series, awesome!

Pretty quiet, I may shoot some summer LAX, and my daughter's Field Hockey camp...but other than that, not much. Good time to get the equipment tuned up :grin:

16. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well, and nice shot Randy! I have been shooting some soccer, along with some models for their portfolio.

Also preparing for a High School reunion in August that I got asked to shoot for :eek: , and the upcoming football season...that is it.

17. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I have been shooting baseball and a girls basketball tournament that last two weeks. The gear is going into the bag for a while I believe.

Unless cash calls:biggrin:

18. The question is, how are you doing my friend? Put on the hat and lots of sunscreen pal :smile:

Still got to make it out that way one of these days. Don't think summer as us northern folk don't do well in the sweltering heat lol.

19. Nice shots Randy.

My camera is collecting dust. I've done some birding and some bugs (dragonflies). Got bored of that.

Been spending time with my other hobby; woodworking. Building some furniture and so on for some people. Nobody wants to buy my pics but they like my furniture!

Nothing sports-wise starts around here till August. There is some baseball/softball around but baseball bores me to death...

Joe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.