How Losing a lens gave me more perspective....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff Lee, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    I didn't realize it but I had fallen into a rut. I was grabbing my 300 and TC's and birding almost every week end. I been exploring the many areas of imaging that I really love.

I "Camera Work" as William calls it in other areas that I love. I will be the first to admit that I was upset when the AFS went out on my 300 after only 2.5 years, but it has made me break out of what was lazy photography. I had a place close to home where I knew I would get at least one or two "Wow" shots without working for the best image.

so for the next 3 or 6 weeks or however long it takes, I hope to re-energize myself to image a much broader world than I have for the last six months or so.

Starting several days ago, I have started to rotate one lens each day (my lineup without the 300 is : 12-24, 24-85,80-200 (with TC) and Tamron 90).

Here is my latest with the 90,

While I'm still not happy about the AFS failure, I am glad for a chance to renew my efforts at various types of "camera work".
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. I like the idea of only taking one lens per day with you. Forces you to rethink the way we do things. I have discovered that I am much more attentive to the scene as a whole when I have a prime instead of a zoom.

3. joyce

joyce Guest

Tough break on the 300 failure....