1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How low will prices decrease on 70-200 v1?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by LSUDVM, Jul 30, 2009.

1. How low will the prices go on the v1 70-200mm if and when folks (gearheads primarily) go out and get the latest and greatest v2 70-200 or do you think prices will not drop? If the prices get down in the vicinity of $1100-1200 i would give serious thought to selling my 80-200 afs and getting a 70-200 v1 for the added benefit of vr.

Just some fun speculation...

2. adaml

adaml

Feb 21, 2006
    chicago
    I'm afraid that the drop in price that you're hoping for probably isn't realistic for a new unit of Version 1.

Version 2 is over $400 more expensive than Version 1, so I don't see any incentive to drop the price on Version 1.

3. ENOUGH 70-200 THREADS! Sorry to shout but its getting out of hand

4. LSSE

LSSE Guest

my guess is that the fate of that lens is tied directly to the price movement of the new model. if in mid 2010 the new one is 1999, I'd expect the "old" one to trail it by 300-400 bucks. So you can pretty much forget seeing it for low 1000s until the new one makes it well below the 2k mark. and who knows when that, if ever, happens.

5. we need a 70-200 sub forum:smile:

6. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    +1

7. Maybe a new announcement/new product forum...

8. Or people who don't want to read 70-200 threads can scroll by and not click on threads that have 70-200 in the thread title.

9. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Or people who want to talk about the new lenses can realise there are already (too) many threads and can post in one of the existing without having to create yet another "useless" duplicate :tongue:

10. The old 70-200's are worthless. I'll be a nice guy and take one off your hands.

11. its not a matter of not wanting to read its a matter of consolidating and organizing information. Scattered threads lead to repeated questions and decrease the resourcefulness of this forum.

12. luke_28

luke_28

May 12, 2008
    North
    With the price of the new one, I don't see the older versions coming down anytime soon.

13. You're preaching to the choir here. I don't like the multiple threads either, but they're inevitable.

I've tried posting into duplicate threads a link to the main thread and a suggestion to post there instead. Yet people keep adding to the second thread.

14. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    Maybe we should just make each new thread a sticky so people see them right away

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.