How Many Bags do you actually use?

I use three:

Lowpro's all:

AW Mini-trekker

AW2 Nova

and (don't know the model) a AW holster models for either my D70 or D200 and small zoom or macro.

I never thought I'd actually use three different bags, but each bag gets its fair share of use.....

How many do you use?

I use all of these

Tamrac Velocity 7
Lowepro Rezo 140 AW
Naneu Pro C100

1 holds setup for D70s (camera, battery pack, 2 lenses, sb600)
1 holds setup for D70 (camera, 2 lenses, sigma super 500)
1 holds pw's, cables, extras, etc.

Lowepro Stealth Reporter D300 in general

Lowepro Computrekker Plus when i shoot BMX and want/need to carry more gear than my back would like :biggrin:

I use nearly all of them quite regularly:
  • Lowepro Mintrecker AW for longer hikes with tripod (nature photography), and 1 or 2 bodies.
  • Lowepro Slingshot 300 (latest addition to this addiction :wink:) for 1 body kit with long glass (holds up to 300/4 AFS mounted!)
  • Lowepro Orion Trecker II for 1 body kit with smaller glass (up to 180/2.8)
  • Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100 for very small kit (body+grip, 1-3 smaller lenses). Holds up to 180/2.8 together with on lens mounted.
  • (Least often) Tamrac 709 Pro Convertible for two body setup with 4-5 lenses (up to 80-200-2.8). Mainly useful for working out of the car, as it's too heavy to lug around (even with he hip belt).
Makes this 5, no? And I think there's room for at least 2 more...

What I haven't used in the past about 2 years is the Lowepro Off Road, which is just inferior to a backpack or slingshot IMHO, and doesn't hold a large body (or one with grip) well. Bought that when I still used the F90X...

M

Messiah Khan

Lowepro Pro Trekker
Lowepro Flipside 300

Also have a Naneu Pro Alpha, but that doesn't get used much at all after buying the Flipside.

LowePro Stealth Reporter 650 when I need a shoulder bag and want to carry alot of stuff.
Think Tank Urban Disguise 40 when I need a shoulder bag and don't want to carry alot of gear.
Think Tank Glass Taxi when I go hiking and don't want to carry a ton of gear.
Think Tank Airport Antidote when I want to carry a ton of gear.
Think Tank Rotation 360 when I decide what I really want it for, and how to use it.

Domke F-7 Double AF for most of my gear
Domke F2, when I'm just carrying one body and two or three lenses
cheap Amvona bag, just to protect a single body/lens

I need a good 'walking around' bag, to hold one pro body, the 70-200 and 35-70

fks

i have three bags (lowepro minitrekker, crumpler 6million, and llbean bob krist. the crumpler gets used on weekends, and the minitrekker for trips. i've used the bob krist about two times, but decided it's easier to carry my laptop separately

the mini is getting a bit small, and i might get a bigger backpack if i can muster up the funds.

ricky

I own a Lowepro Computrekker that I use regularly but I want to sell that and buy a rolling bag for when I travel. When it's full with my lenses, bodies, laptop and assorted accessories it's really too heavy to haul around an airport the way I do -- I've actually thrown out my back with that bag.

My most-used bag is the Lowepro Slingshot, which I love. I have an old Lowepro shoulder bag which I haven't used in years -- it sits in my studio holding my old film camera and some other infrequently-used equipment.

2: Tamrac Adventure 7 (for transporting my small kit), Jansport messenger backpack for easier access.

I like the hybrid backpack/camera bag for transportation, but the convenience takes a back seat. I'm still looking for an convenient, unassuming bag that carries reasonably well.

Lowepro Computrekker AW for carrying a lot of gear. This has also been used as a general back pack for work trips when I need to carry a laptop.

Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100 for general walk about use. (I wouldn't like to carry a bigger shoulder bag !) I got this because my D200 and MB-D200 won't fit the TLZ2.

Lowepro TLZ2 for one small body and a couple of lenses.

Ronnie

Lowepro fasttrack 250 - Hold everything but is really heavy. At least that is what my back tells me.

More than I ever thought I'd own. These are Lowepro bags unless other wise noted:

• Nova 5 for storage of the gear I carry with me most days
  • Minitrekker for trips
  • Sideline Shooter fanny pack that I wear on most shoots for carrying small lenses, filters, batteries, cards, blower, insect repellent, etc.
  • Toploader 75 AW for carrying a body & lens when on the road
  • Various lens cases that strap onto the Minitrekker, Sideline Shooter, or Toploader
  • A big Kinesis lens case for my 400/2.8 with or without a body
  • A Tamrac tripod bag

Nova 5 AW is my storage bag. I have a Tamrac holster style that I use for light work, a Minolta shoulder bag for SB-800/SU-800 storage, and a back pack for if and when I need it.

G

Gary Mayo

Box

I went from to many bags (hard and soft) to a 1 box. Everything now fits in one place. When I go out I use either a Lowenpro TLZ AW which holds one body/grip and a lens up to a 80-400mm VR. If I need more along I use a Tamarac Cyberpack 8. The other bags pretty much just gather dust.

I love my new box!

forum_8.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Top Bottom