How many Eagle Scouts on this forum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SRA, Oct 12, 2005.

1. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Eagle Scout 1978...

Anyone else??

2. Eagle scout 1972 and very proud of it.
    Dave

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

tenderfoot, 1967...
    Always wished that I could have been a better scout..

4. No Eagle Scout... But a "Queen Scout" (same but the Canadian version)
    Plus a Scout leader for 15 years.... in Northern Canada.
    When you are a Scout in northern Canada.... doing winter camping takes on a whole new meaning.... (40 – 50 below worth of meaning)
    :smile: :smile:

5. First Class here in 1960. Man I am old! :eek:

6. Brownies...then Girl Guides... (but got kicked out for too much talking - go figure!!! LMAO) These are the British/female variations on Scouts.

7. Further info on Doug Barber's post: just for the folks who don't know HOW cold it gets up here, in the great White North, when they're giving winter weather reports, they never use the words "below" or "minus" - it's a given!!! They just say "going down to 45 tonight with highs in the 30's tomorrow! *LOL* That's tough camping for sure!

8. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I think Canadian Scouts should be given an award just for surviving.

9. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Yes in 1940
    Also have been a Scoutmaster twice.

And I can still quote the oath in 2 1/2 sec.

Birger

10. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    You know my daughter explained it like this.............
    "Dad, you are weird, you have a red devil on one shoulder and a white angel on the other. The red guy says, "Go on do it.." the white guy says "Nooooooooo don't do that"; and sometimes the red guy wins!!!

I can light a fire by rubbing two boy scouts together. :smile:

OK Ok, I'll get my coat, bye now y'all. :wink:

11. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Eagle Scout Here

1973 Variety :)

12. Here is another one from 1975 ....3 Philmont trips then explorers and until last year active with my son in his troop.
    -
    mike

13. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Yes. 1957.

14. Wow

The number of eagle scouts here is impressive!

The young scouts of today salute you.

[​IMG]

15. Cool image....
    You are right... The number of Eagles in this group is really something. I’m not sure how the Eagle Scout system works in the USA but here in Canada there are no more than a handful of Queen Scouts in any given year. The year I became one there was only (4) in the country. The Queen Scout ceremony is administered by the Governor General of Canada (the queens representative) and it’s a really big deal in Ottawa.
    Also I note in your image that these guys are quit young. In Canada they would be part of the "Cub" movement and would move up to Scouts once they are around 14.

16. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Yep, 1951, if I remember right. Jamboree at Irvine Ranch in '52, but that's changed a little too. :rolleyes:

17. baracus

baracus Guest

I think they want mine back...

Got it in 1984. But as an agnostic and gay sympathisor, I think I should probably give it back...

18. Eagle Scout 1980