How many people on the cafe are Pros, Semi-Pros or Amateurs?

How many people on the cafe are Pros, Semi-Pros or Amateurs?

• Semi Pro - Do occassional gigs but have another primary source of income

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
alex from holland said:
the votes for pro's is still 0 ?????
I'm surprised by this too. Did Jonathan forget to vote in his own poll? :D

I'm w/ a couple others as an amateur aspiring to be a "hemi-demi-pro". :wink:

_Man_

I'm a very long-time amateur, been a member of Nikon Cafe for just a few days, and still haven't seen any tacos!

Amateur, but getting better all the time. My family thinks I should pursue it more, however I know the quality of the competition and am greatly humbled by it. But you never know, someday maybe I will give it a go.

Count me way in the amateur section...

Every now and then I get some shots that could be considered advanced amateur, but then again, I have far more "quick, hide these" than anything!!!

;)

C

gho

Wow, I'm the only 'Pro' here? Goes to show ya though, you don't have to be good to be a pro!

100% of my income comes from my photography business, so that kinda explains why I'm so poor.

Semi-Pro Here

I have a real job but my photography is adding to the household income at an increasing rate. While I'd love to do this full time, I can't fathom enough people wanting to buy my stuff to support us on it!

If I could only hit the lottery....

Interwstingly, my wife is sugestion with increasing frequency that we sell the house and buy a house trailer or a shack on the beach so that we could travel and shoot morre to push the photo income?

From what I have seen of your work Jim...you more than have the skills to do it and be very successful.

Guess it's up to your instincts and how much of a risk you're willing to take, huh?

C

I put down semi-pro since I do make money as a staff photographer for a fine arts gallery and a magazine. I'm like Gordon, retired but don't depend on photography to make money. I usually just say that I'm a working amateur since I have no intention to turn pro. The other side of the coin is not making money from photography as a staff photographer. Its not having to pay to get in everywhere and getting prime shooting locations. Big time money savings.

Real Name
Chris
I've been amateur, semipro, full pro, no pho, amateur and now semipro again, as I try to do one paid job a week (I shot lettuce for the department of Ag today) as I work my way toward retirement. Then, due to my bad investing, I will need to work, hopefully as a pro once again. If not, I'm sure McDonalds or somewhere has a 'hire a senior' program.

Most of the shooting I do is purely for the art of it, so no matter what, I consider myself an amateur. I voted semipro though.

Re: Semi-Pro Here

jfenton said:
I have a real job but my photography is adding to the household income at an increasing rate. While I'd love to do this full time, I can't fathom enough people wanting to buy my stuff to support us on it!

If I could only hit the lottery....

Interwstingly, my wife is sugestion with increasing frequency that we sell the house and buy a house trailer or a shack on the beach so that we could travel and shoot morre to push the photo income?
I wouldn't mind living in a trailer off the beach! :) Oh yeah I finally voted, forgot to do that!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom