How many people on the cafe are Pros, Semi-Pros or Amateurs?

How many people on the cafe are Pros, Semi-Pros or Amateurs?

• Semi Pro - Do occassional gigs but have another primary source of income

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If we're defining via earnings then I'd be a semi-pro, though I'll always consider myself a student simply because it's a hell of a lot more fun learning.

Semi

I have been doing photography for pay for about 5 years. However, it is definitely a second income. I have debated several times going full time as I think it is a viable income. However, I have always considered it a means to pay for my lenses. :) I am a social worker by trade. I enjoy working with people. It may explain, in part, my interest in the individuals who are taking the pictures.

Jim, I agree with your wife :>))) Go for it. Smart lady.

(Lens is at the PO...:<((()

gues i am sorta a hemi-demi---

Everyone says I should do it for a living. lolol

Would have to live in shack on beach with Jim and Wife lolol

J

jkamphof

I am all amateur but it would be nice, over time, to become closer to a semi-pro and actually have photo-projects to work on for others (excluding weddings and the like).

Joel.

I've been a amateur for few years now. Still learning...

I keep shooting people (no guns, just a D70) when we're socializing with our friends, and sometimes I print it for them. But so far I never wanted to charge anything for that.

But recently people (friends) started asking if I would do some photos. Nothing big, a wedding, some portrait. And I'm not sure what to charge for that?

How much do you Pros charge for a portrait? some wedding shots?

Do you charge the time spend or for every print/picture?

I've no intention on becoming a Pro, but getting something out for "Lens-lust"-issues would be cool!

Some replys on that would be very much appreciated!

andreasb said:
I'm spending money on the equipment like a Pro, but that still make sme an amateur...
Ditto! I love good equipment. Although equipment may not make the photographer, it sure feels good in my hands. 8)

Anyway, I am definitely a hemi demi amateuer whatsit... I enjoy photography and have been an amateur most of my life. I felt like I upgraded my skills a bit when I changed the settings on my D70 to Aperture Priority!! :lol: Since then, I just try to capture the moment, and concentrate on composition and lighting. So much to learn, so little time...(son's birthday today).

Semi-Semi Pro

Have worked for pay; have professional equipment; but too old and lazy to market every day. So I am a retired hemi-demi something.

I sell prints throughout the year and maybe do two or three contract jobs so I am between and amateur and semi pro. The grateful dead have a line in one of their songs "Dont quit your day job until your night job pays"

C

clifphoto1055

I make my living from photography but remain an amateur at heart.

D

d70john

i would be nice too see my pics in a mag but as long as i could just be happy with my pics then thats good enough for me still trying

Only an amateur, I very much like the move to digital because you have an instant response of what you do but I am looking forward to return to film. View camera is the camera I like the most because it teach me to be patient and to really have a good look before pushing on the button.

R

RichPix

Happy to be a amateur with a D2X

....and anyone who saw my pictures would immediately know I am a
AMATEUR.

....But sometimes I suprise myself and get a few shots I am really
proud of.

Rich

J

JordanLFW

Amateur for sure here, but I prefer "artist". Haven't even considered selling my work.

Smack dab between the Wolverines and the Spartans
Total amateur here....make my tacos vegetarian, please! Honestly, I think I may be too much of a perfectionist to ever move beyond the amateur level...I rarely show my work to others, and when I do, I tend to point out all the mistakes I've made! I'm working on that though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom