How many posts do I need to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend gave me three Nikkor ai manual focus lenses. Where can I sell them besides ebay and craigslist?

How many posts do I need before I can sell them here?

Thanks.

You need to be a member for 6 months and have 300 or more posts to sell here. If you're looking to sell immediately you may want to look elsewhere.

300 and 6 months. I would give you some of my post...but you still have to be here until September 2011.

ouch. Everyone is real nice here and that's great but a marketplace sure is a big attractor to folks. I understand the need for some threshold but that seems kind of high. Oh well.

I think 6 months is ridiculous. What is there to do in here, Post Pictures? :tongue:

Will feedback from ebay and other forums help? Some boards do that.

I think 6 months is ridiculous. What is there to do in here, Post Pictures? :tongue:

I did some searching on the board and apparently someone threatened legal action against the owners and the marketplace was shut down for a while. Then apparently it opened backup.

The marketplace of forums is a huge draw. I don't mean this rude or insensitive at all but I think of other forums first when it comes to buying and selling. I'm not the owner so I don't know how I'd feel but I can tell you from a newbie perspective the board simply doesn't have the same appeal as those that do sell.

I thought so too. But when thousands of dollars are potentially at stake, I can see and understand why these rules are in place.

Real Name
Mike
Access to the For Sale forum is a privilege extended to members who participate in discussions and demonstrate a desire to be part of this community for reasons other than a quick sale. The rules are in place for a reason and will not be changed.

The mission of the Nikon Cafe is to provide an easy to use, organized internet community where our members can share images, ideas, and love of photography in a safe and friendly environment. As has been stated many times before, there are other discussion boards better suited for buying and selling equipment.

Instead of retyping responses, you can read this thread to get an idea of the comments we receive from new members:

Are you guys serious!!!???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom