How many shots with an SB80-DX ?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by JPS, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Hi all ! Lately i've used quite a bit my SB80-DX wireless slaved, all manual, full power, for some macros...

During a 80 shots session i had to change 3 times the 4 AA batteries ! I have 2 sets of 1300 and 2 other sets of 1600 mAh. I noticed that i get about 30-35 full power flashes out of the 1300 and about 35-40 out of the 1600 mAh... I checked all sets, they are in good conditions and i allways recharge them on "slow"... Is it normal that they get empty as fast ?

Thanks in advance,
    J-P.

2. marc

marc Guest

are you talking about sb80 or sb800

sb800, should yield 100+ shots, i got 180 last week, from 3 of them used as slaves.

down side is as power drains recyle time goes up

not a problem for me as we were doing santa shots.

hope that helps

3. Hi Marc ! Indeed i'm talking about the "old" SB80-DX ! ...although i have -now- a D70, i bought the 80-DX some years ago, when i was using my Fuji S2 !
    Anyway, thanks for the infos on the SB800... it seems that it doesn't hold much shots with a set of AAs...
    Cheers,
    J-P.