How many still shopping today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PhotoByMark, Dec 24, 2005.

1. How many still got to go get gifts today (Saturday)? LOL

I probably still need to go but, I am working all day so that others can shop.

Have fun at the crowded places!

Merry XMas and Happy Holidays and Happy All Occasion Days! LOL

Mark.

2. As a retailer I'll be on the selling end today.
    Hopefully it will be very busy 'cause for the most part this holiday selling season has pretty much sucked.

Don

3. NOOooo way.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Yep, me too! Aren't we lucky. At least the last couple of days have picked up for us. Other than that pretty much sucked too!

5. What do you peddle?
    I sell equestrian supplies - everything for horse people.
    I feel our biggest competitor is catalog / internet.

I haven't run all the numbers but I'd bet we're off 25% this season.

Ho Ho Ho
    (good thing my wife has a good job :wink: )

6. I am in the pet business. Retail Pet Store. Our speciality is Saltwater,Reef and Tropical fish We also sell supplies for dogs, cats, reptiles, small animals and birds.

But.... Really concentrate on Saltwater stuff.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Today's shopping is limited to stocking stuffers and food for Christmas dinner. I am absolutely the worst when it comes to shopping...nothing worse than a guy who enjoys shopping, has no conscious when it comes to staying within a budget and loves the Spirit of Christmas! Hey wait...that's not so bad!! Merry Christmas!!!

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Man I don't miss that part of my life...
    With a last name of Birdsong, what kind of business do you think I was raised in? If you said a Retail Pet Store, you are correct! :biggrin:

For the first 30 years of my life... 25 of them it belonged to my parents, then I bought it from them and ran it for 5 more years. Dad decided to sell the building and I wanted to do something different so I moved on.
    The only cool thing about it was an adult were all the hugs I would get while shopping in other stores in the area after we closed it from some of the most beautiful women in town saying how much they missed our store, it was the highlight of their lives growing up. Of course when they were younger the would just ignore me in school. :Confused:

For the last 5 years I have worked as a rep for Kodak's P&S EasyShare cameras which has been a blast. Today was my first day off since Thanksgiving. Well not really, I did spend a hour in a Walmart today for work then I did a little shopping.

9. Merry Christmas, Mark!!

10. Dave - Interesting story for sure.

Not getting rich but, I like it better than the corporate world too!

Merry XMas to all!

11. OK - 5:30 pm XMas Eve - How many guys still need to go out and shop. :eek: :biggrin:

12. And the same to you and your family.

I guess I have been too naughty this year cause I do not see a D200 under the tree. I guess I will behave better next year?