1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

How much are 80-200mm?

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Hartawan, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Hartawan

Hartawan Guest

How much are 80-200mm f2.8 going for these days?
    AF-S and AF-D versions.

2. drjiveturkey

drjiveturkey Guest

I've seen the AF-D go from $600 to $775 and the AF-S from $900 to $1050 on various buy sell boards

3. I remember seeing AF-D versions going for less than $500 two years ago. The D3/D300 has near depleted and inflated used nikon lenses. I guess it's good Nikon is back on top, but I miss the days when picking up used gear was easy and cheap. :frown:

4. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    I got my used (but pristine condition) AF-D for $799, but after reading this thread, I'm not sure if it was such a great price! It did come with a lens hood that's extra though. The thing is quite a monster! Nice case too.

5. Hartawan

Hartawan Guest

Wow I would love to get that lens for that cheap :smile:

KEH looks expensive...

6. I sold mine, nearly mint about two years ago for $550. (two ring version)

7. I have been looking for one

80-200 AF version (non AF-S) are going for about $500 on average in excellent condition.

8. eyelevel

eyelevel

Jun 28, 2007
    Tulsa, OK
    Could you point us to some of those? I've been checking ebay and they are 200-300 dollars more than that. I think that "full-frame" fever is driving up the price. B&H is now out of stock on these after having been in stock for years.

9. Push pull, or two ring?

10. photolizard

photolizard

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    I got my D push/pull for a little under $500 earlier this spring. I bought the fitted case separately, though, for storage.

11. matt_t

matt_t

Jun 24, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Honestly, what I did was go to my local store and haggled with the owner I was able to get it down to 900 even but spent another 100 on various gear so I was still at about even. I think that would be your best bet if possible

12. archangel

archangel

Apr 15, 2008
    ny
    i been thinking about selling my 80-200mm 2.8D push/pull. Whats the current going rate for this on this forums?

13. ecalcagnino

ecalcagnino

Dec 18, 2007
    Chicago Area
    The two-ring AF-D is more than the push/pull generally. I was thinking about upgrading two-ring to a 70-200VR. Depending on condition and if all the goodies are included $650-800 is what you should be able to pick one of the up for.

14. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

Theres a 2 ring version on keh right now for under 550. Might want to check it out.. Had i had just not purchased a zoom in that range, id be calling them myself.

15. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    ^^^ Aw, please don't tell me this! I just spent $799 for my 2 ring with a hood! :eek: (

16. It must be a real crown jewel at that price. I'm guessing it's either UGLY rated or it has some sort of damage making it far less desirable. Or, maybe it's a steal (probably not though :smile: ).

I paid $550.00 for my EX rated 80-200 2.8 D push pull with caps and hood. If the two rings were selling for $550.00, I would have bought one.

17. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    I see a push pull, but not a two ring for that price...the 2r images point in the opposite direction.

18. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    The first response was pretty close...

900-1050 for af-s

600-800 for af-d (new are 899.99)

450 and less for push/pull

The 80-200 performs better on full frame than the 70-200, so i guess that might be part of it.

19. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.