How much should I sell my photos for advertisement?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by myphotossux, Jun 16, 2007.

1. I was shooting an event when a rep from a marketing company asked me to shoot a couple of products on display. she said those products were from her client and she wanted to show them what she has done. I told her that I wasn't prepared because I didn't bring a tripod and it was really dark but she said anything is better than her point-n-shoot. so I took several exposures and think the best way is to combine the images to get a proper exposure of the product and it's surroundings. anyway, I have two photos that I can sell so my question is how much should I charge? the product in question is a big vodka company but I don't want to overcharge because there's a possibility that this might lead to more opportunities.
  2. well first she has to email you back, 2nd she has to offer to buy them from you, 3rd you need to have a price for them.

Finally you have to get the money...

Why not ask her for a bottle or two, and more work if she likes what you did?
  3. First, she gave me her card and I didn't giver her mine, 2nd she said she has never paid anyone to take photos for her and like to buy my mine and 3rd as I've never sold a photo for this kind of market I'm seeking advice on fair pricing for digital copies.
  4. In advertising, artwork (in this case your photos) is priced according to usage. The amount of money you get is whatever the traffic will bear. What's not important is how much you get. What IS important is that you get the money.

Give the images to her on a CD and she gives you the money when you hand her the CD. She wouldn't give you money without the photos. You don't give her the photos without the money.