How much time do you spend in the Nikoncafe per week?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AndyE, May 18, 2005.

1. AndyE

AndyE

May 2, 2005
    Vienna, Austria
    I joined this wonderful place only 14 days ago.
    The breadth of information, the way people treat each other and what I can learn here makes this a place where I love to spend some time.

Here comes my problem - I spend way too much time :D :( :D

Just out of curiosity, how much time do you guys spend in this forum?
    I've seen some of you also in other places like nikonians, dpreview,robgalbraith,fredmiranda, d1discussion.

So what is your TOTAL time per week in photo forums?

To kick it off - for me it's about 4-5 hours a week (currently 100% in the Nikoncafe)

Andy

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    So, I guess 8 hours a day is a bit extreme? ... ;)

3. I spend almost zero time in other forums but must confess I do spend a lot of time here. How much, lets just say a significant amount of time. Course I am a moderator and that's how I make the big bucks. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

4. Several hours a day of enjoyable "conversation." You folks are the coolest.

Rich

5. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    A couple of hours a day,if work allows it.

6. I'm in probably an hour or so a day. Could spend much more time, but it'd be nice to keep my job. On the other hand...

Brian

7. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    I usually keep it open on a tab all day. Then go to it ever so often see whats been added. I keep 4 tabs open for 4 different sites but spend most of my time here. So to answer you question. Probably an hour or two a day.

8. I was on vacation...but I like it in here!

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Welcome back....we were wondering where you got off to!!! How's about getting some more pictures posted? :)

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Way to much timeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!

But I just think the world of you all :>))))))

Ya'll gotta be da bestest with da mostest :>))

practicin my southrn, fer when Flew get here, Donchano !!!

11. It is really hard to judge. I usually have it on one of my tabs also,
    and I flip around them when I am on the phone or processing images
    or some other desk related job. Probably a few hours a week.

I just wish the pro photo and studio lighting forum was more active.
    I would definitely spend some serious time there.

Cheers,
    Robin

12. Took my forum time from the other forums and deposited it all here. A couple hours a day.

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My name is Frank and I am a "Nikon Cafe-aholic".

Helllllooooo Frrraaannnkkk !

Yep, since becoming a member a very short time ago, I probably visit this site 4-6 hours per day. I am a firefighter and we work a 24 hours on duty/ 48 hours off duty schedule. I have a small painting business on my days off from the firehouse, but I choose to paint less and less each year and am now spending more time shooting youth sports in my area. This forum is so pleasant, informative and inspiring...whenever time allows, I'm flipping through the different sections reading and viewing what all of you are talking about and shooting.

14. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

:p Time goes by fast when you're having fun....
    so it seems I only spend a few seconds per day.... 8)

15. My wife has been out of town, so about 3 hrs total a day. But I am sure this will drop as soon as she comes back :roll: After all I will have to do more around the house.

16. How much time?? FARRRRRR too much time... getting to the point where my backside is getting flat from sitting so long! Gonna spend less time here when the weather improves - not ignoring you, just out taking pics!! LOL

17. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

Last year I was on DPR all the time, then I got more and more frustrated so lurked heavily at Fred Miranda (which I still do, mostly the gallery forums). By chance I found PhotoBug's post about this site (which I am happy about) and now I spend 1-3 hours a day, just checking responses, new posts and mostly pictures. The last few days I have been busy so I have posted less.

I do really enjoy it here!!!

Joel.

18. May be 1 to 2 hrs a day.

19. Probably too much, but it is a wonderfully addictive community. Everyone is friendly and helpful!!

20. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I used to spend a ton of time at www.glocktalk.com. Then glass became my obsession and I drifted away from that forum. This community is much nicer....duh, do you think? Too many angry people on gun forums.